Dear friends and family,
We are reaching out to you to join us in opening the doors of opportunity for some very special children. Without question, 2021 has been a strange year; many of us learned new computer (Zoom) skills, enjoyed fresh outdoor activities, hustled to find pop-up clinics to get COVID vaccines, reached out to folks near & far – and mostly just got one year older.
For our essential workers, we’ve watched them stretch their energy & expertise in ways never imagined possible; working 12-14 hours a day in front of computer screens or at health clinics, or driving to our homes & offices delivering packages and groceries… for this we are grateful.
Now it’s our turn! The Rosie, Jim & Jill team want to make 2021 even more meaningful.. to recognize the essential team at CEID by raising $2,021 each (combined goal of $4,042) to help CEID continue to thrive. We invite you to join us, either at Moraga Country Club or donating with a quick push of the button on this page.
CEID’s team has shown their commitment, creativity, and determination during this challenging year; they’ve never stopped finding ways to assure early hearing, communication, language and learning by:
• Hosting daily ZOOM nursery school classes for preschool children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
• Providing parents of newly diagnosed babies the emotional support they need to make it through each day
• Teaching parents how to put on their baby’s hearing aid or cochlear implant and learn new auditory training activities
• Offering weekly sign language classes to parents and caregivers
• Consulting with seniors who are receiving new hearing aids for the first time and providing them comfort and instruct in using this new technology - through ZOOM!
For those of you who have benefitted directly from CEID's expertise as a client or student, or as a community member who simply appreciates the importance of CEID's resilience, please join & support our efforts. Thank you!