Please visit our website for information on our programs - www.mvhal.org
Video of what we have done this past year, and what we hope to do in this upcoming year -
The Mimbres Valley Health Action League was founded for the purpose of improving the health, well-being, and quality of life of the people of the Mimbres region. We seek to improve communications and social networks, provide preventive health education, improve access to health and social services, increase financial and economic stability, increase recreation and educational opportunities, and promote a safe and healthy environment.
Our fundraising activities support projects that benefit the people of the Mimbres region. We are an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with no paid staff. Currently, we support through financial support and volunteers:
- the annual Mimbres Valley Harvest Festival in the fall,
- the monthly Commodities (food) distribution at the Roundup Lodge,
- monthly production and distribution of the free community newsletter, the Mimbres Messenger,
- the Mimbres Farmers and Growers' market, and
- the Children's Garden at the San Lorenzo Elementary School.