Welcome to Abel's Love Some1 with Glut1 page!
The theme for this year's Love Some1 with Glut1 campaign is Shine Like Someone with Glut1. Abel definitely shines! He's known for his great smile, hard work, and his flashy yellow walker. He can be seen zooming through the halls with his 1st grade class, working on a badge for Boy Scouts or spending time with his favorite people, his brothers Austin and Aiden!
This year has brought about new success and challenges. Abel traveled to Texas to see one of the go-to doctors in the Glut1 community. We're so thankful for having knowledgeable, compassionate providers, like Dr. Pascual on our team! We're also extremely thankful for the Glut1 Foundation and community. This organization continues to provide support though advocacy, education, community and more! It means so much for families of those effected by Glut1.
Each year, from Valentine's Day to Rare Disease Day, the Glut1 Deficiency Foundation hosts the Love Some1 with Glut1 campaign. It is an important opportunity to increase awareness and educate others about this rare disease while raising essential funds to help better serve the needs of our patient community through our mission programs.
In addition to our regular activities, we are working on some big and important goals for 2022
- host our 9th family conference to bring families together to meet, share, and learn
- host our 2nd scientific convening for researchers and clinicians to exchange knowledge and ideas
- launch our Research Roundtable program to build a collaborative research network
- begin implementing and funding our newly developed patient-led Research Compass
- launch a natural history study to better understand life-long patient experiences
- expand our educational exhibits to reach and teach new audiences of medical professionals
- create a new website to serve as a hub for information, support, connection, and hope
Shine Like Some1 with Glut1
learn more about Glut1 Deficiency
from our brochure here