Davi was dignosed when he was 3 years old. But didn't really start his journey until this past year 2021 when he had his first relapse and 3 more after that in a 6 month period.
His NS is associated with minimal change disease. He has done endless round of high dosage of steroids and is currently on immunosuppressants to hopefully keep him in remission.
He is our warrior, he deals with daily mood swings and headaches and body ache stomach pain from these medications he needs and with all his battle he hasn't complained once.
His medical journey has brought great changes to our lives as well as his life, and we continue to stay strong for him as a family.
We want to help find a cure and we hope you will join us in this fight.
Our Mission: The Nephrotic Syndrome Foundation is a non-profit organization supporting those diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, their families, and the ongoing search for a cure.
Background: Nephrotic Syndrome is a serious and rare auto-immune disease that attacks the kidneys causing them to shut down. There is no known cause or cure. Treatments are extremely limited and consist primarily of steroids and cancer and transplant medications. Many patients are children who spend a major part of their life in and out of the hospital, trying to find a treatment that keeps them in remission while managing the side effects. Receiving this diagnosis is life-changing. It can take the breath out of any parent or child who finds themselves in this situation. Our goal at NSF is to meet each family and child in these tough times and lift each one up as best we can by providing financial and emotional support to help them weather the times to better health, acceptance, and adjustment.
Our Work: NSF offers eight programs to uphold our mission and support children diagnosed with this disease and their families. Those programs include:
- Backpacks of Hope - A backpack of comfort items and medical supplies provided to newly diagnosed patients or those who have been battling in this fight without support (each valued at over $300).
- NSF’s Finding Health Series - An ongoing series offering content, education and wellness segments, sessions and seminars on topics related to the NS journey.
- NSF’s Peer Team - A group of older teens and young adults with NS who support younger patients in their journey.
- Thermometer Program - A hospital-grade thermometer provided to patient families ($300+ value).
- Camp NSF - An annual camp, 100% free, for patients, siblings & families that takes place in Livermore, CA.
- Direct Patient Grants - Support for costs related to caring for a child with NS.
- Little Angels - An unsolicited care package program for young warriors.
- Podcast - Inspirational and authentic stories of warriors living with Nephrotic Syndrome.
Thank you for choosing to be the light for those battling Nephrotic Syndrome.