Our dear friend Thomas Corsaut passed away on Friday, May 20, 2022. Thomas was born in Highland, California. He loved his family and spoke fondly of his childhood; his bike riding adventures in the desert and foothills of San Bernardino. He spoke lovingly of his mother’s baking and his father being an aviation mechanic. He lived most recently in La Habra, California. He was a loving brother and uncle and an amazing friend to all of us.
Thomas was diagnosed with Glioblastoma, a very aggressive brain cancer with an average survival rate of about 15 months, in June of 2021. Because Glioblastoma effects the brain and its functions, he was unable to fully grasp the reality of his diagnosis and continued to maintain a positive outlook although the inevitable outcome would be fatal. He was a long time employee of Sakura Finetek, USA and had a good understanding of the cancer diagnostic process. He felt that understanding the diagnostic and testing process gave him a little comfort that he knew what to expect from the tests that were being performed.
We honor Thomas’s memory as he touched so many lives in the very best way. We are grateful that we got the chance to know him as both a colleague and a friend. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him.
Read more at www.sweetrelief.org/thomascorsaut
The Musicians Cancer Fund @ SweetRelief was developed to offer support and resources to musicians and music industry workers currently battling or recovering from all forms of cancer and other extremely debilitating illnesses and injuries. The amount of assistance required is often significant and well beyond the level of most requests for help.
- Specific program resources and assistance grants
- The Musicians Cancer Fund works with musicians, stage crew, sound engineers, bartenders, servers, etc. their families, friends, and music industry support to develop additional fundraising opportunities that will counteract the overwhelming financial demands of severe illness & disability treatment and recovery.
- Assistance is available to help individuals navigate the confusing benefit structure of health insurance or state/federal aid charity care.
- Medical bill negotiation assistance
- Resource and Referral networks – helping an artist reach all the avenues of support in their regional area and particular ailment.
The Musicians Cancer Fund has assisted some great American Icons, Artists, and hard-working venue/bar staff during their difficult experiences battling cancer and other severe illness & disability. We have also assisted hundreds of hard-working regional musicians and music workers and continue to do so with your support and generosity.
Contributions to The Musicians Cancer Fund will help to pay for a music industry worker's medical expenses, housing, food, and other vital living expenses such as utilities, clothing, transportation, program services, and counseling.