I'm running the 2019 New York City Marathon for Extreme Kids and Crew, a non-profit in NYC. I am proud to be one of the Board of Directors of this amazing organization :-)
Following is our Mission and Vision Statements:
- Mission: At Extreme Kids & Crew, we cultivate welcoming, accessible spaces where kids with disabilities and their people create a supportive community through the arts, play and conversation.
- Vision: Extreme Kids & Crew seeks to show people that disability is not to be feared, pitied or mindlessly exalted, but understood to be an inherent part of life. We will achieve this by establishing and maintaining creative community centers for the disability community, including a cultural hub that will serve to connect and celebrate people of all ages with all different sorts of disabilities.
- A year of Music Programming = $5,000
- Summer Camp for 1 child (6-weeks) = $3,000
- Art Classes for a year for 1 child = $1,000
- One week of Open Play during a school holiday = $500
- Art Supplies for a monthly Art Event = $100
- Two weeks’ worth of snacks for 10 kids at After-School Programs = $50
Support Your Runner!
Each member of Team Extreme! is set to raise $2,500 for Extreme Kids & Crew and will have the chance to compete in the most famous marathon in the world! We want to show them as much support as they deserve, whether you give a little or give a lot, we thank you!