The Cape Cod Literacy Council trains volunteers to work as instructors and aids in ESOL and GED classes, and 1-to-1 mentors to work with members of our community for whom English is a second language.
These services allow our adult students to:
- improve job prospects and working conditions
- be able to advocate for themselves and their families in areas such as health and education
- help their children with their homework
- communicate with their children's teachers
- improve their own self-esteem and become a more active part of the greater Cape Cod community