Adoptee Equality Rally Today at the Texas Capitol! May 21, 2021
Come out in Support of Adoptee Equality Today!
Help advance HB1386/SB1877!
A rally for adoptee equality will be taking place TODAY, Friday at noon at the south steps of the Texas Capitol. We hope to see you there!
- I am adopted and/or I am married to an adopted person.
- I am connected to adoption and I support adoptee rights!
- Pass HB1386/SB1877.
- Thank you, Sen. Nathan Johnson and Rep. Cody Harris
- House passed, Senate ready!
- Adoptee rights are civil rights.
- Adoptee rights are human rights.
3-hour street parking is available at the meters or affordable parking in the Capitol Visitors Parking Garage just east of the Capitol on San Jacinto.
Please share. Thank you for your support!
We are so excited to see everyone tonight and have April Dinwoodie as our esteemed presenter! Whether you are coming to support the connection, education & support of AKA or the legislative advocacy of STAR, we are so glad to have your support and comradery this evening. We are going to have a great time!
- The event location is The ABGB, 1305 W. Oltorf, Austin, TX 78704. Map and directions can be found here.
- When entering The ABGB this evening, please use the private event entrance on the north side of the building (left side when walking up from the parking lot).
- We will have a check-in table where you will receive your pre-purchased beer tickets and raffle tickets. You can also purchase more raffle tickets at the check-in table when you arrive.
- Food can be purchased at the main ABGB counter, as well as additional beverages. A copy of their menu can be found on their website.
- Doors open at 6:30 pm and April Dinwoodie's talk and Q & A, will begin at 7pm. Raffle drawings will happen toward the end of the evening. Be sure to fill out the contact info on your raffle ticket(s) in case you need to leave early.
- It's not too late to register so if you have a friend who wants to join please share the registration link. It will remain active during the event.
As always, we cannot thank you enough for supporting the work of both AKA and STAR. At the end of the day, it is all about doing what we can to create needed reform in the practices and laws around adoption, improving the lives of all who are connected. Your support in this work is integral to what we do!
With deep appreciation,
Marla, Dawn, & Marci
The AKA/STAR Event Planning Team
*Masking Guidelines: The event organizations would like folks to wear masks indoors, in the designated AKA/STAR event room, except while eating and drinking, for unvaccinated people masks are required unless part of an excepted group. We also encourage folks to wear them outside when in close proximity to others (closer than 3 ft). The restaurant may have other guidelines in place and when you are in the main restaurant dining areas, you are not required to abide by the private party rules, but those of the restaurant. The staff can assist you with any questions regarding restaurant policy this evening. The most up to date City of Austin recommendations can be found here: https://austintexas.gov/news/austin-travis-county-enters-stage-2-first-time-pandemic