May 14, 2022

Carlene had a fever on Thursday that prevented her from having the lumbar puncture and bone marrow aspiration procedures completed. The anesthesiologist declined to proceed out of a heightened level of caution. Fortunately, her condition has remained stable since Friday with no other fever. The procedures have been rescheduled for Monday, May 16 at 8 am, est. We are manifesting a stable condition through the weekend so that the procedures may be performed successfully. 

Once we receive the pathology results from the tumor and the lab results from the lumbar puncture and bone marrow aspiration, we will hopefully have a clear picture of what her current condition is and be able to plan for the future. Unfortunately, we are in a holding pattern until we receive the results from these tests. The most we can do is help to reduce the swelling from her surgery site and keep her bandages clean to avoid any infection.


Carlene does not prefer the bandage change activity. She is a great participant even though she does not enjoy participating. Creating a sterile space to do bandage changes in a hotel room is not the easiest, however, we make it work the best we can. Healing is a slow process. The firm bandage that Dr. Abramson taught us to apply is aiding in reducing the swelling and encouraging the internal tissue to remain in place and hopefully retract under the eyelid eventually. 

Thank you for your continued support.