Carly Starts Chemo 3/16 March 11, 2023
As we know, Carly’s post-transplant MRI scans show her tumor is growing.
Let’s do a recap:
- I suspected Carly had retinoblastoma when I saw the “white” in her eye at 3 months.
- We started holistic treatment in November 2020.
- She received a clear MRI with no evidence of disease (also confirmed at MSK) in June 2021.
- In February 2022, I started noticing symptoms of a possible relapse.
- In April 2022, relapse was confirmed at UWI Hospital in Jamaica.
- On May 2, 2022, Carly arrived in NYC at MSK for emergency surgery. Tumor and left eye removed. Chemotherapy started.
- September 2022, chemotherapy finished and stem cells harvested for transplant
- In October 2022, high-dose chemotherapy started, and the transplant was completed on 10/18
- Carly had 100 days of isolation after her transplant and on Feb 20, 2023, she had a post-transplant MRI that showed new tumor growth in her left eye socket.
- Carly will have ophthalmic artery chemosurgery on Thursday, March 16, 2023.
As Carly embarks on another round of treatment to address the new tumor growth, thank you for your continued support to help Carly's family navigate the spiritual, financial, and emotional burdens a stage IV cancer diagnosis causes. You may visit www.coinsforcarly.com for support links and updates.