How do you build a safe and stable home for you and your family when you didn’t experience one as a child and you lack many of the tools necessary to construct a solid structure? That’s the question Good Dads 2.0 answers in this curriculum.
The 15-module curriculum is designed to help any dad (stepdads, grandfathers, and father figures), and especially at-risk dads, build a safe and stable home for their children and family. The curriculum covers a variety of topics through meaningful and thought-provoking questions, multimedia expert testimonials, and educational activities.
PLEASE NOTE: Customers looking to purchase Good Dads 2.0 must first complete a facilitator training. To maintain the highest possible delivery quality of the evidence-based program to participants, Good Dads does not allow purchases from folks who haven't been trained.
In Each Module
- Becoming the General Contractor for Your Family (course introduction)
- Site and Building Plans: Your Family's Foundation (values)
- Becoming a Great Builder (role models, beliefs, the impact of father absence)
- What's Your Reputation? (stereotypes, biases, making a good first impression)
- Sizing Up the Situation (interferences to safety, identifying one's strengths and weaknesses)
- Communicating Well with Your Crew (elements of good communication, listening skills)
- Handling Trouble on the Building Site (managing and understanding conflict, recognizing anger danger signs)
- Managing Stress on the Building Site (Adverse Childhood Experiences, ways to handle stress)
- Making the Best Decisions Possible with Help from Others (asking for help, challenging parenting scenarios)
- Tools to Support the Solo Contractor (single-parenting)
- Space for Today's Family (21st century fatherhood, boundaries)
- Homes Where Children Grow Best (helping children thrive; child development milestones)
- Building Self-Confidence (affirmation, development and appropriate challenges for children)
- Planning for Family Fun (importance of play to child development)
- Understanding the Child Support System (laws, policies, procedures, benefits)