The JUSTin HOPE Foundation is a local nonprofit that helps families affected by autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders by providing education, supplies, and/or opportunities that will have a meaningful impact on the family as a whole.
Thank you for all the support, patience, and understanding as we work through these trying times; we are all in this together.
While we won't be together in person, we can be together in spirit, showing the strength of our community and the passion we have to help families and individuals with disabilities. All existing registrations have been transferred to our Virtual Race.
Who can participate?
- Virtually anyone! You can participate solo or in a team. Your pace, your time!
- One flat fee $30 fee per person, no matter if you are participating solo or in a team. (Be aware that the race will start on August 1st and will finish on August 31st).
How will you complete the race?
- This is a virtual race, so you can complete your activities anytime and anywhere you feel comfortable during the race period. You can walk around your neighborhood, spin on your bike, jump on your treadmill, or walk your dog for 5k. A competitive virtual run will also be conducted. The opportunities are endless!
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic, follow the appropriate guidelines, including social distancing.
How long do you have to complete the course?
- You will have from Saturday, August 1st until Monday, August 31st, to complete the 5k.
- Your pace, your time! It could even be done conducted in small increments throughout the event time frame.
How do you record my activities?
- You will record your activities/miles daily and be able to track yourself utilizing an app if you wish, such as Run Keeper.
What will you get?
- You will receive a digital race bib and a digital finisher's certificate.
- Medals for top placing running participants.
- All participants will be entered into a raffle for an opportunity to win awesome prizes!
- Access to participants' 5k time.
- Sense of accomplishment.
- A change to get active and help others in need.
- Sense of camaraderie with a "team" you haven't been able to see in months.
- Feeling of pride to donate to a local community in need – 100% of proceeds will go towards helping us achieve our mission.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-453-9262
I have the honor of being an inaugural board member with the JUSTin HOPE Foundation. Having heard the founder's story and the challenges they faced, I came to understand the importance of the mission and how they were impacting the lives of youth and their families.
Then COVID hit and we had to cancel our largest fundraiser - a 5K walk/run held on the University's campus. So we went to the drawing board and created a virtual 5K which would allow everyone to remain safe and to have the ability to support JUSTin HOPE Foundation gives hope to families and individuals with developmental disabilities by providing education and training opportunities as well as family support services to help empower these individuals to live to their fullest potential.
I would love it if you would join my team! Here are some options where support is needed;
$35 - 1 hour of respite care
$70 - 2 hours of respite care
Respite care allows family members a much needed break and can be used for grocery shopping, enjoying quiet time at a park, a date night or anything that is needed to alleviate some of the hardships of a caregiver.
$150 - supports a monthly family event for parents to get together and support one another
$150 - supports a monthly young adult meet up which allows social interaction and friendships to occur
Of course, any amount of donation is welcome and thank you in advance for taking the time to read my message. it takes a village and i hope you will consider being a member of our village --- Cindy