Montgomery Union Station Train Shed 300 Water Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Volunteers are the backbone of any successful fundraising activity because they not only inspire others, but help to assure the largest amount of event proceeds can go directly to the services so many could not live without. THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering to make this year's Tread Red Walk and Fun Run a success.
The registration process is 50% efficiency and 50% people skills. A pre-event orientation and training session will be scheduled. The role requires adherence to process, and will involve you to:
• Greet the participant or team leader, and welcome them to the Tread Red Walk & Fun Run.
• Ask them if they are participating as an individual (s) or as part of a Team? If a Team, direct them to the Team Registration Table.
• Ask for their last name, locate it on the list, and put a checkmark next to it. Remind the participant that the online registration process included a participation waiver. Provide hard copies of waivers for anyone participating who did not individually register online. Collect signed copies for these individuals and staple them together and to an additional collections submitted.
• Ask them if they have and funds they need to turn in that were collected off line. All checks should be made payable to Medical Advocacy and Outreach or MAO.
• If they have money to turn in, have them place it in an envelope (provided) and fill out the necessary information associated with each donation enclosed. Ask them to write the total of the funds enclosed on the outside of the envelope.
• Place the envelope in the collected funds box. (The collected funds box should never be left unsupervised.) Remember, to attach any addition forms completed onsite to the envelope.
• Provide the individual with a route map/event agenda.
• Verify if a t-shirt was reserved for the participant and, if yes, if the it was previously picked up. T-shirts are only included in Runner registration. All others must have been purchased through the online store by August 31st.
• Thank them for their support and tell them to enjoy the day. Encourage them to meet and mingle with the exhibitors and vendors while waiting for the event to begin.
Since you are NOT an employee of MAO, you will be required to complete and sign a copy of the Volunteer Application for Tread Red. The application includes waivers of a legal nature intended to protect you, MAO, and the direct beneficiaries of our services who may also be participating in Tread Red.