Select Volunteer Position
Acta Non Verba is looking for a Development Volunteer who is passionate about supporting and growing the community of Acta Non Verba supporters. This is a unique position for someone who is interested in assisting with a range of nonprofit development tasks, including communicating with donors, tracking donor information, planning and assisting with fundraising campaigns, and providing support on grant writing.
The Development Volunteer will work closely with Acta Non Verba staff. While this is an unpaid position, Acta Non Verba puts a strong emphasis on volunteer skill-building, and we are committed to ensuring a productive learning experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and summarize new grant opportunities through online research, and other platforms.
- Report promising grant opportunities back to our Grants Team.
- Use Salesforce and Google Spreadsheets to track potential grant opportunities, opportunities we are applying to, and current funders.
- Record upcoming grant deadlines and tasks using Google Calendar.
- Track our donor outreach efforts through all platforms including email, social media, and traditional mail.
- Assist outlining and drafting grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and progress reports.
- Participate in a weekly 1 hour check in with the Grants Team.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Able to keep track of multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Interested in collaborating with other volunteers and staff members.
- Passionate about our mission.
- Ability to commit 10 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months.
While we will prioritize candidates who have relevant experience, we are also excited about folks with limited experience but who are eager to learn, passionate about our work, reliable, and able to make at least a six month commitment.