Role: Board of Director's President
PEACE through PIE is expanding the Board of Directors to advance our Culture of Peace mission. The President and Chair of the Board is a key position.
Please review the below snapshot of the role. If you are interested and, or know someone who might be a good fit, please click the CONTINUE button below.
Title: President and Chair of the Board
Effective Posting Date: December 5, 2019
Location: Greater Austin, TX area
Term Limit: 3 years
The President and Chair of the Board is a person who believes that peace is something that everyone deserves. This is a volunteer position for a person who has the means and energy to support the Executive Director in her mission. The President and Chairman of the Board is a person who supports the growth of the organization and our PIE365 campaigns, programs and events.
- Be the go-to person to support the Executive Director
- Engage with the Executive Director to deliver the annual strategic and financial plan
- Commit to being the iconic fundraiser for the organization
- Operationalize the needs of the organization
- Maximize our community engagement
- Enable the potential of PEACE through PIE everyday
Our Bylaws state:
* The President will perform all duties incident to the office of the President and other such duties as required by law, by the Articles of Incorporation, by these Bylaws or as may be prescribed from time to time by the Board of Directors.
* The President will supervise and control the affairs of the Corporation and exercise such supervisory powers as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors.
* The President will preside at all Board meetings and exercise parliamentary control in accordance with the Roberts Rules of Order - Newly Revised.
* The President shall serve as an ex-officio member of all standing committees, unless otherwise provided by the Board of Directors or these Bylaws.
* The President will set the agenda for each Board meeting with the advice of the Board of Directors and in accordance with these Bylaws.
* The President shall provide the Executive Director with a performance appraisal at least annually.
Thank you for your interest,
PEACE through PIE