Select Program Support
This position focuses on screening volunteers for best fit in various positions in the organization, attending recruiting events, volunteer query handling, data entry, volunteer training and analyzing & maintenance of volunteer satisfaction within the organization.
- Manage online volunteer applications, data entry and follow-up emails (3 hours week)
- Attend community events whenever possible (1 happy hour per month, plus 3-6 events per year)
- Conduct phone interviews, screen applicants, schedule training & assign to a job
Duties of the Position:
- Attend recruiting events to share story and talk with potential volunteers & families.
- Manage online applications and reach out to volunteers & follow up with interested volunteers until they are inactive or plugged in.
- Conduct phone interviews and screen volunteers to help them find their best fit in the organization.
- Conduct volunteer coordinator trainings
- Connect volunteers to the appropriate team leaders once they are interviewed.
- Follow-up with volunteers after first task to see if they are satisfied.
- Know where organization has needs for volunteers & don’t be afraid to say no to a position that will not fit the volunteer’s skills, personality, or commitment.
- Collaborate with marketing and other teams to brainstorm better recruiting.
- Conduct Surveys or implement other ways to gauge satisfaction.
- Set Expectations/procedures to share with volunteers
Requirements of the Position:
- Should be at least 18 years of age and live in Hoboken or the surrounding area.
- Should be able to commit for a minimum of 4 months to the position.
- Comfortable talking to strangers unsolicited to share the story.
- Good listener and judgment of personality to help find best fit.
- Responsive via email.
- Enjoys thinking outside the box for recruitment
- Enjoys people.
- Knowledge of Salesforce to organize new volunteers and knowledge of System to track volunteer engagement
- Give volunteers meaning to their time, share with them the impact they could have.
Growth in the Organization:
Smooth transition of volunteers from inquiry to volunteering, increased volunteer satisfaction, and performing duties will indicate the volunteer's outstanding abilities and thus he/she may be given more responsibilities and a suitable position depending on organizations needs and desire of volunteer.