Select Program Support
Support our matches by checking in monthly with parents, children and mentors and collecting valuable feedback on our program. Brainstorm through issues as they arise, and create opportunities for mentor and mentee interactions.
This position focuses on creating and maintaing healthy relationships between mentors, mentees and mentee's family, establishing cross relationships among mentors, and supporting the matches through any difficulties.
- Monthly check-in with mentors and data entry (30 minutes per match)
- Bi-Monthly family/mentee checkin (20 minutes per match)
- Match Team Meetings (2 hours per month)
Duties of the Position
- Regular and Supportive communication with mentors via phone, email, and text to help brainstorm through isssues and monitor the match.
- Bi-monthly check-in with families and/or mentees
- Enter all check-ins & monthly survey results into salesforce
- Attendance at match meetings for own matches
- Attendance at team meetings.
- Plan and facilitate quarterly mentor events or special match events
- Share free events and community resources w/mentors & families.
- Run/facilitate training 3-4 times a year.
- Collaborate with other RMs
- Should maintain calendar of public events/connectedness with free community events and database of community resources.
Requirements of the Position:
- Should be at least 18 years of age and live in Hoboken or the surrounding area.
- Should be able to commit to the position and organization for 1 year or more.
- Friendly and non-threatening.
- Able to respond quickly to phone calls and emails (within 48 hours).
- Good at troubleshooting and problem-solving in relationships.
- Creative and resourceful to help mentors find free events.
- Should be comfortable communicating via Phone, email, text, and Face to Face.
- Not afraid of conflict, assertive, and able to remind people of their commitments respectfully.
- Able to develop and maintain supportive relationships with assigned mentors & their “families”.
- Able to use and/or learn Salesforce and SurveyMonkey.
Growth in the Organization:
Increased match length, closeness, and satisfaction for all parties and performing duties will indicate the volunteer's outstanding abilities and thus he/she may be given more responsibilities and a suitable position depending on organizations needs and desire of volunteer.
- Each relationship manager must attend the two-hour training session for mentors. This way they understand what the mentors have been trained in and can refer back to the training when offering support.
- Relationship managers will train for one hour with the program director or head of relationship managers on program processes & procedures, on using salesforce, and on communicating with families & mentors.
- Once all the training above is completed, Relationship managers will train with their buddy, the program director, on how a match meeting works as they receive their first match.
- As a team we will have ongoing training in regards to supporting a match, problem-resolution, common problems, etc.