Details : CATA is initiating a CATA faculty application process that will culminate with a roster of potential teaching artists. CATA faculty are highly skilled working visual and performing artists and intuitive teachers who can translate their creative process and practice to our core workshop model, Arts In Arts Out . Teaching artists work throughout Berkshire and Columbia counties serving over 600 artists with disabilities through 1,000 annual workshops. Workshops take place in residential settings, day programs, high schools, dance studios, community centers throughout our region and in our Great Barrington studio.
• A generous rate for compensation
• Travel reimbursement stipend for round trip travel that exceeds 42 miles
• An opportunity for professional development reimbursement
• An invitation to special events and programs
• Compensation for CATA’s annual day long faculty retreat
Faculty Artist Responsibilities
• Developing a cohesive series of workshops (workshops are weekly, one hour classes in series of at least 8)
• Attending the annual faculty retreat
• Able to identify learning objects and goals
• Planning and leading classes as related to an annual theme
• Evaluating and refining classes to meet the need of CATA artists with disabilities.
• Determine and communicate the materials needed for your workshops
• Communicate with CATA Staff/Administration
• Collaborate with other instructors
• Set-up and clean up
• Working artist in your specified field
• Excellent time management skills
• Several years of teaching experience
• Ability to adapt and modify learning experiences for all abilities
• An empathetic and intuitive personality
• Willing to travel throughout Berkshire County, MA and Columbia County, NY
• Reliable transportation
Acceptance to the CATA Roster does not guarantee employment. When CATA has opportunities for growth, the roster will serve as our primary source for new faculty.